Weekly rate report: Average card APR climbs to all-time record high of 17.07 percent + MORE Oct 11th

How to go about securing the best rate and plan for your credit card in Canada.
Latest News

Update! Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card Review + MORE Apr 23rd

Update, April 18, 2019: Tangerine has announced that starting April 22nd, new Tangerine Credit Card Account holders can earn 4% Money-Back Rewards on purchases in up to three Money-Back Categories of their choice, for the first three months. Looking to earn cash back on your daily expenditures? Do.... More »

Using the Scotiabank Gold American Express card to redeem for any travel - whale watches included! + MORE Apr 16th

Today we welcome the second post from Rewards Canada contributor Jeff W.! Jeff has been a long time reader of Rewards Canada and we've had lots of discussions with him via email and Twitter as he is always looking to maximize his credit card, travel and other loyalty program rewards! This is his.... More »

Car repossessed: How can I rebuild my credit? + MORE Jan 10th

The delinquent car payment that led to the repossession will stay on your credit report for seven years. However, there are ways to help your score recover in the meantime..... More »

Will my credit score rise after 12 months with no late payments? Jan 17th

There is no scoring bonus for making a one-year milestone of on-time payments. However, if all other factors that go into creating a credit score are positive, you should expect your score to reflect this..... More »

How criminals are using the low-interest credit card scam to steal your identity + MORE Feb 22nd

It starts with what sounds like a promising phone call: For a one-time fee, you can lower the interest rate on your credit card. But the person on the other end of the line isn't with your bank or credit card company. And what they're really after is your identity..... More »
October 10 Update: Fly WestJet lie flat business class for about $1,600 one way, BMO Rewards pay with points rate and more!Today has been all about WestJet and WestJet Rewards and we continue to talk about it a bit more here in our daily update. The tickets for the new Boeing 787 long haul flights are now available for purchase and fares from Calgary to London, Dublin and Paris start around C$360 each way for economy class, $1,000 for premium economy and $1,600 for lie flat business class. Look at those full fare business class fares though….. Also I couldn’t find any low business class fares to LGW in April and May – guess that’s based on what AC may be pricing their LHR flights for.Another topic we discussed way back in January was BMO offering a pay with points feature that was coming soon to BMO Rewards. We missed the launch of it, it may have been a long time ago but who knows as we just came across it now. Anyways the feature is available and is offered at 15,000 points for $50 credit. This translates to a cash back return of 0.67% to 1% for the BMO Rewards World Elite Mastercard as that card earns to 2 to 3 points per dollar spent…

Continue Reading On RewardsCanada.ca »

Want to take a family vacation instead of the traditional dinner at home this Thanksgiving? Here are five great destinations, and how you can save on travel costs with credit card rewards.

Continue Reading On creditcards.com »

October 10, 2018: The average credit card interest rate smashed another record this week, climbing to 17.07 percent – an all-time high.

Continue Reading On creditcards.com »

WestJet Rewards introduces a new top elite tier - Platinum As part of WestJet’s global strategy which included the unveiling of their 787 routes today, they have also announced a new elite tier in the WestJet Rewards program. The new tier is Platinum and it marks a new top tier level for the frequent flyer program.Here are the details of the new Platinum tier (along with the other tiers for comparison)To reach the new Platinum status level you will need to spend $8,000 (before taxes/fees) with WestJet during your 12 month qualification period which based on the day you joined WestJet Rewards. For example if you joined May 12, 2018 you would need to reach $8,000 in spending by May 12, 2019 to receive Platinum status for the remainder of your qualifying year and the entire next qualifying year.The key benefits of the new Platinum tier are:8% earn rate on WestJet flights. That’s a pretty big return that only gets bigger if you tie that in with the 2% earned on the WestJet World Elite Mastercard for a total return of 10%! Double the WestJet dollars on partner flights (Delta, Air France, KLM etc…

Continue Reading On RewardsCanada.ca »

Lesson learned: Once Christian started charging thousands of dollars on his cards each month for his online home repair business, his large credit utilization prevented him from getting a line of credit.

Continue Reading On creditcards.com »


Compare insurance quotes through Kanetix.ca - save time and money!